Today would have been a GREAT day to say aww I'll miss out on my workout.... I was woken up at 3 am to limbs falling off the trees! Those things crash and are freaking scary.....even more scary when you are home alone! Then again at 4:30 to loud thuds of more stuff crunching and breaking!
Back to sleep until 6:30 to find it was a SNOW DAY!!!
Say what....growing up in Utah the weather didn't look like a snow day to me....but none the less!
I'll take it though.....So we slept in until 10:30ish I knew I still needed to shower and had a lunch I needed/ wanted to be at at noon. So I left my house all dressed and ready for the day! Enjoyed a great lunch, came home treated my kiddos to Happy Hour @ Sonic! Wasn't even temped for a DDP....yay must mean I have gotten those craving out of my system.
So now here I am writing post workout and I had a million and one reason/ excuses to NOT go!
I am proud of myself for staying dedicated and getting my workout in. It would have been much easier to sit home and do nothing....However leaving for the hour and getting my workout in will make the rest of my day SO much better I won't have guilt for cheating myself out of a workout. Plus it shows me mentally that I am dedicated and driven to achieve my goals.
So I formed a list of LAME excuses that NO one should use :)
- I don't have the time! PLEASE everyone has 30 minutes your reading this right now right.....you could be getting a workout in.
- I don't have clothes to workout in! Sheesh Pajamas work great then.
- I don't have shoes.....Come on now...EVERYBODY has a pair of tennis shoes! Gym shoes do NOT need to be anything special!
- I ate bad so why work out??? Um HELLO the more reason to get a quick workout in.
- I don't have a gym membership.....LAMEST EXCUSE in the book! You have 2 feet walk out your front door walk 15 min one way turn around and walk home. Now you are thinking the weather isn't ideal then do some simple circuit training at home, a DVD, and online video or On Demand!
- I'm to fat to exercise....Nope no your not! Get off your booty and get moving.
- I don't want to get my hair sweaty I just washed it! YUP I have totally used that one :)
- I'm to tired!!!! Well then a workout is exactly what the Dr ordered. You will feel those endorphins and they will power you through the rest of the day!
These were just a few I thought of real quick off the top of my head! I am pretty sure I have used everyone of them plus a million more!
What EXCUSE do you CHOOSE to use???
Make the CHOICE today to NOT make any EXCUSES!