Monday, January 23, 2012

Water Bottles.....

I had to laugh my friend sent me a text this week and all it said was "What is your secret to drinking lots of water?" I replied its my magic water bottle! It turned into a HUGE facebook thread about the water bottles and I have to say  A LOT of my friends are now owners of these magic water bottles too. Who would have thought that my simple response could cause such a stir in the FB world!!!!   However it never leaves my side and I refill it a BILLION times a day.  I refill it with water that is not ice cold,  that way I can drink it lots faster.
Plus my kids refill it nonstop for me too just so they can drink out of it! They all are "earning'' their own water bottles now! Best $15 bucks ever spent! Okay they really are not magic I just love the convenience, lots of water in every swallow and plus they are super cute! I  used to get all my water down this way . Now I  just use my magic water bottle.... No you do not have to use this water bottle....just pick a favorite cup, with a lid and a straw and you'll be golden :) Turn it into your FAVORITE way to drink lots of water.

Which brings me to why water is so important in weight loss and in general health!

  • When you lose weight your body creates toxins/ waste, and water helps flush them out of your system.
  • Keeps your joints and muscles well lubricated and helps them move smoothly! Water is the WD-40 for your body! 
  • Helps with hydration. When you are dehydrated you feel sleepy, and lethargic which makes you GRUMPY!
  • Helps with the "BLOATED" feeling. 
  • Ice cold water actually burns calories as your body heats up to digest it and adjust to the cold water you just drank. 
  • Helps with muscle soreness.   
  • Keeps you feeling full, which in turn helps with cravings. 
  • Keeps your skin looking fresh and clear. 

My water bottle goes everywhere with me, if I go upstairs it goes with me, when I go to bed its on my nightstand. It goes to PTA meetings, church meetings, girls night out, date night. Oh the stories my water bottles could tell......

Do you drink enough water?
What are your secrets to drinking lots of water?


*I bought my water bottles at Costco!



14 comments:

H Love said...

These look great! I need to work on this. I like the handle. Where did you get them?

Lindsay said...

Costco! Amazon has them too but they are more $$$!

Jen said...

I will admit that I have drank more water since owning this bottle than I ever imagined! :) Love ya!

Liz said...

Great idea! I will go and fill up a glass right now...

Beth McC. said...

I love me a good water bottle! Right now I am using the camelbak do you know how these are different???

racing dawn said...

I think that's why I'm cranky...I need more water. ;)

Julie said...

You trend setter you. . .

Sherry @ Life from my persective said...

I seriously just read the post, and then proceeded to drive to the nearest target and purchase my own. Have already finished 48oz! Thanks for making drinking water sound appealing! Well, that and I never turn down a target run :)

Gordon White said...

I almost never drink water. Wife says I am like a camel. I drink water when I ride or crossfit, but can't pick it up as an all day habit.

Oh, thanks for blogging again.

Anonymous said...

I have a camel back water bottle and it is true, it makes all the difference.

Traci said...

I use the camel back one too. Now, to keep the kids from drinking mine? lol

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alexathomson said...

This is Great post, i will Read it i hope you will Write new post in some days I will wait your post. Thank you for sharing this blog.
Reckon Support Number